Many people often harbor creative research ideas but few of them gain their way into a concrete research project proposal nor the actual research publication.More often than not, this is usually due to the fear of how one would come up with a good report write-up.
Nearly all research project reports follow a similar format of writing.This is because all such write- ups are usually reports of what the researcher actually did and the results or conclusions they came up with.
There are,however, some minor peculiar differences between various reports and this result from the nature of the study carried out.In this case the research could be in the social science field or a practical study investigating a certain practical scientific phenomena.
Thus the qualities of an excellent polished research project report include:-
1. It must be written easy to understand vocabulary as the aim of the report is to covey the message in the write-up.
2. It must have clear and short title related to the research problem.
3. It must give a summary(abstract) of the whole research in the introductory pages of the write-up.
4. The report must posses the methodology section to show how the research was carried out.
5. It must have a discussion of the findings and the conclusion section.
6. The report must be easily legible,written with good font type and font size even though different authorities recommend different styles.
7.ensure you reference all work that is not originally yours. This gives acknowledgment to the original generators of such work.Different styles of referencing exist including APA, MLA etc depending on the locality and nature of your research write-up.
8. Avoid plagiarism at all costs.It is the “HIV” of intellectual resources.
9.Remember your audience.Be it a Postgraduate research dissertation,Masters research project thesis or a senior final year college research project report, write it with the end user in mind.
I believe this article will go a long way in helping to prepare a great polished research report for presentation to your professor or project manager.Feel free to add or point out any clarifications in this article since not everything has been exhausted.Thank you for your time. hoping to interact with you in the next article…..good-luck!!